Saint Peter's Prep Baseball Skills Camp will be held at Caven Point in Jersey City located at 1 Chapel Ave. Jersey City, NJ 07305. The camp will be held from July 13th-16th and staffed by St. Peter's Prep head varsity coach, Pat Laguerre and many other members of the Prep coaching staff. Any questions can be directed to the Athletic Director's office at 201-547-6450. The cost per athlete is $200.
Every camper must also have a Parental/Guardian Release Form on file at the school prior to participating in the camp. Please make sure to send your release form into the Athletic Office after your registration is complete. All forms are needed on file a week before the start of camp.
Lastly, please add contact information and the camper's first and last name with any checks that you mail to the school for filing reasons.
Saint Peter's Prep Facts
- Established in 1872
- New Jersey's Only Jesuit High School
- 900 Young Men from over 100 Communities in New Jersey and New York
- College Preparatory curriculum with 100% College acceptance
- 17 Varsity Sports and 30+ Co-curricular Clubs and Activities
|9:15- 9:45||Stretching & Throwing|
|12:05- 12:15||Camp Announcements|
Skills covered in stations for the 4 days:
- Infield Play (Footwork, Double Play Pivots, tags, Approach steps, wind work, sun work)
- Outfield Play (Drop Step, Crossover Step, Communication Drill, Ground Ball Work, Sun Work)
- Pitching (Grips, Arm Slot, Delivery, Balance, Pickoffs, PFP's)
- Catching (Receiving, Framing, Blocking, Tags, Giving Signs, Pop Time)
- Hitting (Bat Selection, Stance, Stride, Situational Hitting, Bunts, Tee Work)
From the NJ Turnpike, take Exit 14B. At the toll booth, make a left turn onto Bay View Avenue. You will pass under the turnpike. At the light, turn right onto Caven Point Road and follow this road for 1 mile. The stadium will be on the left. Turn left onto Chapel Avenue to enter the parking lot.