Students who are interested in strengthening their prayer lives can join a Christian Life Community group or a "CLC". CLC groups are facilitated by Prep faculty members during lunch periods or after school and are open to members of any faith tradition. There are many CLC groups, so students can easily find one to fit into their schedules.
Each CLC is a group of people (usually between 5 to 8 members) that meets regularly to pray, reflect, and discuss issues of life and faith. Based in Ignatian spirituality, CLCs are groups that help members find God in all things and reflect on the presence of God in their lives.
What is a CLC meeting like?
CLC meetings usually take place once a week for about 40 minutes. Regular meeting times and places are decided upon by the group. Although meetings may vary from group to group, the basic CLC meeting format includes the following:
- opening and closing prayers
- sharing on Scripture, a specific faith topic, or facet of Ignatian spirituality
- sharing how God's presence has been felt in your life in the last week
- sharing and giving support to each other's experiences of joy and difficulty
- short meeting evaluation and planning for the next
When do CLC groups meet?
There are currently nine open-admission CLC groups, run by members of the Prep faculty. They are:
- Ms. Fitzpatrick and Mr. Galano - G Days, 2nd Lunch (FRESHMEN)
- Mr. Geary and Ms. D'Emic - Time/Date TBD (FRESHMEN)
- Fr. Mullin, SJ - Thursdays, 1st Lunch (JUNIORS and SENIORS)
- Fr. Mullin, SJ - Fridays, 1st Lunch (JUNIORS and SENIORS)
- Ms. Zanfardino - B Days, 1st Lunch (SENIORS)
- Ms. Zanfardino - E Days, 1st Lunch (JUNIORS)
- Mr. Gambone - B Days, 1st Lunch (JUNIORS and SENIORS)
- Fr. Miller - Tuesdays, 2nd Lunch (FRESHMEN and SOPHOMORES)
- Fr. Miller - Thursdays, 1st Lunch (JUNIORS)
To participate in a CLC group, register by clicking here.
Additionally, there are nine CLC groups dedicated to the formation of Prep's senior Campus Ministry Team:
- Ms. Toomb - B Days, 1st Lunch (Kairos 34 Team)
- Ms. Toomb - C Days, 1st Lunch (Social Justice Team)
- Ms. Toomb - D Days, 1st Lunch (Kairos 35 Team)
- Mr. Dougherty - B Days, 1st Lunch (Kairos 36 Team)
- Mr. Dougherty - D Days, 1st Lunch (Sophomore Retreat Team 1)
- Ms. Toomb - F Days, 1st Lunch (Kairos 37 Team)
- Ms. Toomb - H Days, 1st Lunch (Kairos 38 Team)
- Mr. Dougherty - F Days, 1st Lunch (Sophomore Retreat 2)
- Mr. Dougherty - G Days, 1st Lunch (Sophomore Retreat 3)
- Ms. Singleton - C Days, 1st Lunch (Liturgy and Prayer Team)